Campanario

Campanario

“Campanario” is the name given to the bell tower located at the southwest corner of the Plaza de Armas. This tower was made as part of the convent of the Augustinian Fathers in the middle of the 16th century. One of its bells has a crack due to a cannon ball impact on July 10, 1883, when the Peruvians and Chileans fought for the last time in the famous battle of Huamachuco.